Is It Safe to Visit the Dentist during COVID?
Have you missed a dentist appointment or been hesitant to schedule one during COVID?
You’re not alone.
Many people are wondering, “Is it safe to go to the dentist during COVID?”
The quick answer:
Yes, it’s safe to visit the dentist during COVID.
The long answer:
Each person is unique, and you should consider your own health and risk factors when deciding if you should visit the dentist for preventative treatment.
For most patients, it’s safe to visit the dentist because patients are prescreened, and the dentist’s office takes necessary precautions to prevent the spread of infection.
You can feel at ease because dental offices are one of the safest places to visit during COVID.
Why is it safe to go to the dentist during COVID?
16TH AVENUE DENTAL is open during COVID, and our team will help you understand the steps we’re taking to help ensure our patients and staff are safe.
We completely understand your concern about going out in public but want to help you feel confident about going to the dentist once again.
While going just about anywhere during the pandemic is worrying…
Let’s set fear aside and review the facts.
Dentists are in the healthcare field and have always taken extra steps for infection control. It comes with the territory, you might say.
So how about now?
Is the dentist open during COVID for all procedures?
At this time, most dentists are open during COVID unless there is a local restriction in place based on a surge of cases.
Dentists follow COVID-19 safety measures and are continuously learning and incorporating new protocols.
Yes, we’re open, too!
While some patients think that dentists are only open for emergencies, the truth is that most dentists are open for both emergency and preventative dental care.
Even during COVID, your dental health shouldn’t be ignored. Preventative care, including regular dental cleanings, exams, and oral cancer screenings, help prevent and treat existing problems before they get out of control.
Not maintaining your regular dental visits can lead to health issues that may end up costing more or requiring more time to treat. For example, untreated cavities or gum disease can lead to irreversible tooth loss, infection, and severe illness.
Your oral health is closely tied to your overall health and should never be ignored!
So back to your situation:
Have you asked yourself, “Should I go to the dentist during COVID?”
For most patients, dental visits should be maintained because great dental care includes a lifetime of healthy habits.
That means even now!
Your oral health can’t wait, and neither should you.
In addition to regular cleanings and exams, you should contact your dentist if you have dental problems like a toothache, cavity, bleeding gums, or something else of concern.
Discuss your issues with the dentist and schedule an appointment to come in.
What are the COVID-19 safety measures in place?
We are pleased to announce our dental clinic 16TH AVENUE DENTAL is open and here for your needs. We’ve implemented enhanced measures and new COVID protocols and will outline them below.
In addition to helping patients prepare with COVID safety tips, our entire office is working together to keep up with the highest standards in infection control.
We’re continuously paying attention to local guidelines… opens in a new window to Alberta coronavirus website… and urge you to do the same. Together, we can help stop the spread of COVID.
Here’s what we’re doing to keep you safe:
- All team members are screened daily, including a temperature check
- Upon entry into the building, all patients and staff wear masks
- A large Sneeze Guard shield at the reception desk provides an extra barrier
- All staff wear enhanced personal protective equipment (PPE), including fitted N95 masks or an equivalent, face shields, scrub caps, protective gowns, and eyewear
- All spaces, including chairs, door handles, countertops, and other contact surfaces are meticulously disinfected, and all instruments are sterilized
Here’s what you can expect:
- You’ll be prescreened twice – before the appointment and upon arrival
- We ask you to wait in your vehicle and we’ll call you in
- Before entering the building, we’ll take your temperature with a touchless digital thermometer and then recorded
- Hand sanitizer is provided before entering the office
- Other hand sanitizer stations are conveniently located throughout the clinic
- You’ll receive a mouthwash pre-rinse before treatment
Going to the dentist during COVID (or anytime, really) shouldn’t be stressful or cause you anxiety!
Dr. My Le and our dental team are also available to answer any questions you may have about our new rules and protocols.
Visit your local Calgary, Alberta dentist during COVID:
We’re open during COVID and taking extra precautions to ensure your safety. We’re working to exceed the Alberta Dental Association and Canadian Dental Association dental health and safety guidelines.
Contact us today:
- Contact us online to schedule your appointment
- Call us at 403-282-9141
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
The areas we serve include:
- Mount Pleasant
- Crescent Heights
- West Hillhurst
- Capitol Hill
- Briar Hill
- Downtown Calgary